I have now officially met each band student and we are ready to get started!
By the end of this week, each student should have the following:
- Have handed in their Band Uniform Shirt Order Form
- Supplies for their instrument (box of reeds, cleaning cloth, oil etc.)
- Band folder, theory book, practice chart (free - provided by the school)
- An Instrument. Click here to rent from kings music, instruments borrowed from the school need a form handed in by the end of the week.
Grade 6 Students Homework: research your instrument on http://basicband.info/
Also, if you are still trying to decide which instrument to play, we have extra trumpets and trombones and need students to play them! Check out this video for inspiration!
Details to be aware of for the future:
- Remembrance Assembly (grade 8s will be performing) will be on November 9th during the school day and is also the last day to hand in practice charts.
- Start Fundraising! The first $100 for the grade 7/8 trip is due November 9th as well. It is going to be an epic trip, more details to come.